Dear loved ones in Christ,
After much prayerful deliberation we've made the difficult decision to cease activity in our building, effective immediately, to assist ongoing efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19. There will be no worship gatherings on Wednesday Evenings or Sunday mornings for the time being. This does not mean, however, that just because our ability to physically gather has been suspended that the church stops.
Now more than ever we yearn for the comfort and mercy promised in and through our Lord Jesus. Here's what we are doing:
- I will be endeavoring to deliver to you weekly worship in the form of take home services and online messages and prayer that you can participate in from home.
- Other resources, such as devotions and scripture readings will be recommended and made available to you.
- The church office will be closed most of the time, but messages and emails will be continuously monitored
- Contributions can be made electronically to the ongoing ministry of Faith and available at faithhighland.com/give
- We are currently exploring a way to celebrate the Lord's Supper, one household at a time.
- Your family's assigned Elder will soon be calling you to check on you.
- I am still available for pastoral care at any time.
Things you can do:
- Continue to follow hand-washing and social distancing guidelines from the CDC.
- For as much time as you spend with social media and news feeds, spend more in scripture and prayer. I'll be sharing ways to do that on our website.
- Reach out to your church family. Stay in touch with each other. Consider ways to reach those who don't have internet.
- Live generously. We're fond of those Thrivent shirts; act on it as best you can. Support your community and neighbor's livelihood as you are able.
- Please continue to check email and faithhighland.com for updates.
There are a lot of things we don't know. But we do know that we have a God who is our refuge and strength and a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth give way...(Psalm 46:1) I pray you seek refuge in the mighty fortress that is your God.
God grant us mercy, for the sake of Jesus